GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an energetic and high caliber individual to take on this Marketing role to manage our robust portfolio of events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in working across internal teams and external partners. You will focus on amplifying the Valorem brand, telling story, audience centric messaging, and drive business impact. You will be an experienced marketer with a solid understanding of event planning, execution and measurement methodologies, storytelling, and knowledge and experience with opportunity generating event models. In this role, you will drive thought leadership; contribute to building the event strategy aligned to business objectives to ensure event success and excellence in event marketing execution including sponsored and co-sponsored events. We are seeking a team member who will bring an ability to balance the needs of internal stakeholders, supporting vendor and supplier organizations, alongside strategy and execution challenges. You should also be able to demonstrate strong proficiency with key role competencies including exceptional communication, project management and organizational skills, a passion for excellence, strong cross-team collaboration abilities, self-motivated and forward looking, and the ability to work as a part of an extended “virtual” team. We work in an ever-changing environment so flexibility, resourcefulness, and strategic influence are essential.
- Create a solid event management framework that supports event planning and execution.
- Design in-person and online events focusing on digital transformation and modern business concerns to drive business impact and maximize return
- Share vision and gain shared vision across internal teams and provide confident leadership to individuals and teams influencing event performance and outcomes
- Create and drive the event strategy goals to ensure event success, working closely with demand gen, sales, practice teams, content manager, and leadership to achieve
- Project management including budget management, revenue generation, vendor sourcing and management, project plan management, event promotion and registration, on-site event management, event measurement and analytics, prioritization and resolving issues
- Lead core planning meetings across marketing, driving alignment against shared objectives
- Build and distribute phased event communications plans collaborating with Content Manager.
- Identify staffing needs, vendors and staff options and selection, team motivation and performance
- Analyze event, industry and competitive data. Utilize meaningful and relevant data to improve effectiveness and efficiency of events
PLACEMENT CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Event marketing experience within technology and services
- Experience working with practice teams and geographically dispersed workforce
- Strong social abilities to act as key brand spokesperson and team representative
- Excellent organization, leadership and team-building capabilities
- A love of details, and an affinity for hitting budgets and a high quality bar
- Managing through ambiguity to create direction, strategy and gain cross-team alignment to deliver goals and objectives independent of manager oversight
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the timeframe
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COMSubmit Your Resume For This Job