GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The DevOps Consultant will plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale Azure solutions. You will have experience with DevOps methodologies and a solid understanding of development & operations best practices. You will be front and center in our customer’s transformation to cloud-based architectures. This is a technical customer facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. You will own the Azure technical customer engagement including specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs). The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and had success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives that drive key decisions and implementation. The success of this role depends on collaboration with generalists and specialists across Valorem delivery teams, Microsoft and ISVs that have built solutions on Azure.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will demonstrate thought leadership to our clients by architecting world class cloud based architectures and help delivery teams execute the solution blueprints you develop. This role will directly support both our pursuit of new business and the delivery of high quality solutions. Information sharing will be critical to the success of our customers and our internal teams. Ownership will include envisioning and showcasing what is possible with modern infrastructure. The ability to transition into thoughtful discovery, scoping, analysis, design and proving the solution will be core to this role. As you transition the solutions you architect to delivery, ensuring high quality and identifying opportunities for continuous innovation will be important functions.
- Experience with plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale Azure solutions.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and a solid understanding of development & operations best practices
- Experience helping clients improve their efficiency and effectiveness using modern technologies and techniques
- Experience helping clients innovate and drive agility by implementing and championing the principles of Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code
- Demonstrated strong project delivery experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables using project management methodologies
- Demonstrated successful proposal creation experience including ability to understand a customer's needs and connect technical solution with measurable business value.
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer facing situations through understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
It is the Cloud Infrastructure Consultant’s responsibility to drive and deliver enterprise-class solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure and the Microsoft platform within Valorem’s enterprise accounts.
The Cloud Infrastructure Consultant will have the following responsibilities;
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could platforms
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads
- Designing and Implementing Continuous Integration, automated testing and deployment while managing the product release pipeline
- Execute technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure
- Lead analysis engagements that help clients review their existing portfolio of applications, determine cloud compatibility, perform cost / benefit analysis, and build application migration and modernization roadmaps.
- Prove that the solution delivers as promised through Quick Start / POC / Production engagements
- Translate business and technical requirements into a solution design while balancing integration into existing environment and enabling agility to meet future demands
- Establish the technical and security architecture in Azure for the selected apps/workloads
- Selection of migration approach / tools to move workloads to Azure or architecting of greenfield environment for new applications
- Report to customer as business objectives / business value conditions are met
- Help distill the myriad information regarding new Azure capabilities and scenarios to help our customers and internal teams stay balanced on the cutting edge. Documenting and sharing technical best practices / insights with the community and the Microsoft product groups
- Knowledge of Container technologies - Azure Container Service, Docker, Mesos
- Windows and Linux server operating systems
6+ years of consulting and/or relevant business experience architecting, designing and delivering Infrastructure solutions, BA/BS Degree, Microsoft certification preferred, MBA a plus
- Strong technical delivery of complex projects through a proven methodology such as MOF, Agile, ITIL, TOGAF or similar.
- Deep technical skills and experience with the following technologies:
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with large scale deployments or migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of DevOps principals and considerations
- Strong Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services
- Software Build/Integration/Deployment Systems; Operational Release Management Systems, Configuration Management Systems; and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with version control systems including Git, SVN, or other
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or CFEngine
- Experience with automation scripting including Azure Automation, PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow or Service Management Automation (SMA)
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code techniques and tools
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- "Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COMSubmit Your Resume For This Job