GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The UX Director will be responsible for conceiving a UX/UI vision for our rapidly evolving, multi-platform user experience and creative design service offerings.
Candidates will work closely with our sales team, UX Producers, Technical Team Leads, Creative Director, UX Designers, Information Architects, Visual Designers, 3D Artists, and Developers to design and implement innovative user experiences for our clients. From user research to wire frames to detailed visual designs, candidates will be responsible for driving the entire creative process to ensure our employees are delivering quality and innovative designs, and our customers realize the most value from the products we help them conceive and develop.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include leading the UX team to produce use cases, personas, business process flows, navigation flows, site maps, sketches, wireframes, mood boards, style guides, visual design compositions, user interface design/functional specifications that capture application, processes, and user interaction points related to the application design and development projects fulfilled by Valorem. Candidates may also be responsible for managing subcontractor and/or freelance design resources to assist with other facets of our user experience engagements.
In addition to the core responsibilities, other secondary responsibilities may include directly contributing to visual design, usability research, prototype development, and assistance with creative design aspects of Valorem’s marketing and sales-ready materials.
In this role candidates will also be responsible for representing the company and presenting your work to end clients.
Responsibilities will also include:
Effective communication with clients and colleagues – verbally, by email, and in person.
- Confidently explaining the rationale behind design decisions.
- Working directly with client stakeholders.
- Developing healthy working relationships and maintaining high client satisfaction.
- Prioritizing multiple projects effectively and keeping UX Producers apprised of overall project status.
UX Director will also assist with the following activities:
- Consulting with developers, design integrators, or other technicians to complete the final project deliverable.
- Maintaining proficiencies in emerging UX patterns, best practices, interaction models, and tools as needed to fulfill new client design projects.
- Participating in internal product design and development efforts, include approved R&D activities. Assisting with interviewing and recruiting activities for the UX organization
Lead efforts to improve project methodologies and internal processes related to user experience design.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- "Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COMSubmit Your Resume For This Job