GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a BI Architect, your primary role will be technical delivery leadership for client projects. This position will entail leading and managing enterprise and mid-market projects, as well as technical pre-sales support activities as required. You will be responsible for designing solution architecture, assisting with solution requirement definition, and ensuring processes are followed by all members of the project team. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn the latest Microsoft solutions in a fun work environment.
Your daily duties will involve:
- Working closely with customers and project managers to understand and manage project delivery expectations
- Architecting and leading projects for various clients
- Creating functional design specifications and implementation plans
- Provide architecture review, and project milestone sessions for project sponsors
- Delegate responsibilities and priorities to implementation staff
- Ensure project delivery processes are in place and being executed
- Ensure that the technical solution delivers the business value.
- Communication with technical and business staff in technical and plain English language.
- Development of business requirements in collaboration with business analysts
- 2 years’ experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level business intelligence architecture.
- 5 years of experience in design and implementation of complex reports and data sources
- Expertise in logical and physical data warehouse database design (SQL Server), and performance optimization.
- Should have excellent database design, data modeling knowledge and experience related to large scale, multi-dimensional BI/data warehousing implementations.
- Experience and demonstrated competencies with multi-dimensional design, star schemas, facts and dimensions.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Solid understanding and experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cube development, MDX Scripting and Querying, ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft’s self-service Power BI technologies.
- Proficient in SSAS concepts such as Tabular, Multidimensional, Power-Pivot, etc.
- Experience with Data Modelling tools: Visio, Erwin, Toad Data Modeler or similar
- Experience with non-Microsoft business intelligence visualization platforms (Tableau, QlikView, etc.) a plus.
- Hadoop (Hive) experience is a big plus.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the timeframe
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit resume via email to CAREERS@VALOREM.COMSubmit Your Resume For This Job