GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cloud Infrastructure consultant will be a key resource in our customer’s transformation to cloud-based architectures. Your primary responsibility will be to work with clients and colleagues to drive successful delivery of Azure solutions within Valorem. This is a technical role that will be accountable for assisting in client cloud deployments and implementations . You will facilitate Azure technical customer engagement including specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs). The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and had success leading technical discussions with senior customer technical decision makers.
A Cloud Infrastructure consultant, designs, builds and configures Azure services, plans and implements enterprise technology infrastructures, designs network security and develops operations solutions to manage Microsoft Azure environments whether non-production, hybrid, or full cloud deployments. The Engineer applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the design and implementation of systems to support customer needs. You will have ownership of the delivery of our Azure engagements, from abbreviated quick starts to full enterprise deployments.
- Familiarity with Azure infrastructure deployment and configuration
- Understand of networking fundamentals, including VPN, security, and WAN concepts
- Fimiliarity with PowerShell and other automation tools
- Working knowledge across cloud related technologies: Development, Operations, Data Platform, Virtualization, Networking, Storage, Security
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with skills to develop technical documentation and presentations
- Demonstrated understanding of application infrastructure architecture fundamentals
- Ability to engage on projects through a proven methodology such as MOF, Agile, ITIL, TOGAF or similar.
- Microsoft technical skills and experience with two or more of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Windows Server, SQL, System Center
- Identity Management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
It is the Cloud Solutions Consultant (CSC) responsibility to drive and deliver enterprise-class cloud solutions using Office 365 and the Microsoft platform within Valorem’s enterprise accounts. The CSC will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrated design and admin experience with Exchange and Exchange Online (Office 365).
- Demonstrated design and admin experience with underlying infrastructure including Active Directory, ADFS
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of the Microsoft collaboration stack including Office 365 including Skype, SharePoint, Yammer and other new Office 365 products when they are released
- Provide consultative guidance to customers around design principals, best practices, deployment methods and adoption.
- Pass required certification exams relevant to the role and Valorem competencies
- Generate high quality deliverables as negotiated in signed Statements of Work (SOW)
- He/she will build and maintain strong relationships with multiple technical and line of business contacts within the assigned customer engagements. He/she will be required to maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with other Valorem team members in Sales, Services, Marketing and Product Management teams.
- 6+ years of relevant business experience, demonstrated expertise with Exchange and Office 365, demonstrated experience in consulting and/or project management, BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred, Microsoft certification preferred.
These are the traits that we hold in the same regard for all employees, also viewed as performance indicators. Each employee should uphold these attributes as a part of their employment with Valorem.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- "Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Be here to enhance and promote Valorem
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
Time Management and Productivity
- Meet your timelines and goals
- When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.
Submit Your Resume For This Job